The Internet has changed a lot since it went mainstream in the 1990’s, so why should individuals and businesses embrace mobile design trends for their websites?
Computers have become more affordable and smaller which has paved the way for Smartphones and Tablet PC’s like the iPhone & iPad. These technological advances have allowed more people access to the amazing resources offered by the Internet, and on more devices than ever before.
How has mobile browsing changed the Internet and shaped business?
• Mobile web browsing overtook that of desktop browsing in 2014
• 4 out of 5 use mobiles to shop
• 70% of mobile searches lead to online action within an hour
• 40% of shoppers consult 3 or more channels (eBay, Amazon, other merchants etc.) before making a purchase
• 75% of consumers admitted to taking their smartphone to the bathroom with them
This data shows some interesting trends that should individuals and businesses refuse to take notice of, could risk letting their businesses fall behind. Having a mobile friendly, responsive website enables website owners to cater for users on all devices, meaning visitors can easily navigate or shop on a website.
Upgrading a website to a mobile friendly design opens a website up to more visitors, increased Google rankings and a better user experience = more leads/sales.